Thursday, March 29, 2012

Happy Hunger Games... and other random Thursday thoughts

Well... I finally saw it! The hubby and I were able to grab an afternoon movie and this was the clear choice. And I loved it! Seriously... I thought they did a great job getting this from book to screen. I am a huge fan of the book series. It did feel rushed and some things were a little different from the books but hey... they're working with limited time and they can't get every, little, tiny detail in there. Overall though, I thought it was awesome. And my hubby is officially hooked. I have never seen him get so into a movie, haha! He's ready to read the books when he has some free time.

The buzz that this movie has generated has had so many people comparing it to Twilight and, in my personal opinion, I thought this was leaps and bounds above the Twilight movie series. Now don't get me wrong... I love me some Edward and Jacob. I've read the entire Twilight series and (sadly) own every Twilight movie but let's get real... Hunger Games is way better! Y'all have got to go see this if you haven't already. And I'm kind of glad we waited until after the weekend because it was just us and a handful of others in the theater.



I'm really looking forward to the next installment of the movie series to catch a little more of Gale but I am totally Team Peeta! And... the two leads are KY kids y'all! Way to represent ;)

On another note... is it Saturday yet?!?! I am soooo pumped for our big game against Louisville. For those of y'all who don't know, UK and UL are the biggest rivals. Literally! The fans go nuts when these two teams play one another and we've got ourselves a big matchup this Saturday, in the Final Four. Clearly, I bleed blue! Go CATS!

A little pic from my days as a UK dance team girl... seriously some of the best times of my life!


Alrighty, off I go to finish up my to-do list for the day. Have a great day ladies, xoxo

1 comment:

  1. i totally agree...the hunger games is WAYYYYY better than twilight!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my blog! I love to hear from my readers so please comment and I'll get back with you soon! xoxo