Saturday, April 14, 2012

Summer Shape Up + Meals

We've had some awesome weather this week so I have definitely taken advantage of being outside and taking some long walks. Here are my workouts from this past week:

Monday
10 minutes elliptical
2 sets of 25 side bends with 15 lb weight, right and left
4 sets of 25 crunches on stability ball
4 sets of 25 side twists on stability ball
2 sets of 25 standing twists with 15 lb weight
2 minute walk/run intervals on treadmill for 10 minutes
3 sets of 15 tricep extensions with 10 lb weight
3 sets of 15 bicep curls with plie
3 sets of 12 booty blast squats

Tuesday
25 minute elliptical

Wednesday
4 mile walk (may have been more!)

Thursday
Killer Card Workout

Friday
3.5 mile walk

All in all, a pretty successful week when it comes to working out! I also made a few yummy meals. Beginning with Easter:

Baked ham with a Brown Sugar and Spice glaze
Roasted Parmesan Green Beans
Homemade Mac n' Cheese

Roasted Chicken
Peas
Leftover Mac n' Cheese

Caesar Salad
Spicy Angel Hair Pasta
(made with EVOO, garlic, red pepper flakes, basil, parsley, parmesan cheese)

I love fixing some yummy homemade meals for me and my hubby and I have learned that a ramekin is a great tool to help with portion control. I was totally wanting some creamy mac n' cheese but I didn't want the guilt. With some tweaks in the recipe which swapped out heavy cream for skim milk and only having a small portion, my craving was satisfied and I didn't consume a ton of calories.

Enjoy the rest of your weekend ladies!
xoxo

1 comment:

  1. your meals look quite yummy! and love your work out schedule. seems very doable but still effective.

    hope you had a great weekend :)

    {I have a giveaway going on right now. Love for you to enter! amyreneonline.com}

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my blog! I love to hear from my readers so please comment and I'll get back with you soon! xoxo