Monday, October 17, 2011

It's All About Me...

Wait... no it's not!

Have you ever had a relationship with someone who constantly turns things back around to make it all about them? Or brags about all the "new" things they just bought? Or about how wonderful they are? Or name drop?

It's just constant "me, me,me"!

Now, I think we can all admit that at times we can be guilty of doing this but there are some people who do it ALL THE TIME. B and I are currently dealing with a person like this. I won't lie... this type of behavior was annoying at first but I've decided to turn it around and take it as a lesson for myself. I'm learning how I don't want to be and trying to be an influence on this "said person". It is difficult and frustrating but I'm really hoping and praying that mine and B's beliefs, values, and actions will rub off.

We can all be selfish, we can all be boastful, but I truly feel that B and I are grateful, faithful, and try to always make others feel welcome and loved.

I'm not sure if any of this is making sense.
The Lord teaches us to love one another and forgive sins and this lesson is being taught to me right now! I'm working on letting things go and staying patient and trying to use myself as an example to teach others. I honestly hope I never come across as a "me, me, me" person because, at the end of the day, it's not all about me!

This verse really spoke to me when I read it:

Do nothing from rivalry or conceit, but in humility count others more significant than yourselves.
~Philippians 2:3~

My prayers recently have revolved around wanting God to keep B and I in check about making sure the decisions we make, the words that we choose, and the things we do are all "motive free" and selfless.

Easier said than done ;)

Have a Happy Monday ladies!
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by my blog! I love to hear from my readers so please comment and I'll get back with you soon! xoxo