Monday, August 29, 2011

Oh Irene!


Happy Monday ladies!

I am so thankful that we have such beautiful weather today... I decided to grab my laptop, a good book, and head up to Yale's campus to spend the afternoon outside. This is not at all what I had planned today but... you just gotta go with the flow ;)

I'm sure most of you all heard about this crazy lady Irene and all her drama she brought with her this past weekend... well she brought it but it wasn't too bad up here in New England. B and I kept an eye on the news and weather starting Thursday night. I hadn't really paid much attention to the "hurricane" but when we saw that it really was headed our direction, we figured we should start paying attention! Saturday morning we made a quick trip to the grocery to get some things to hold us through in the event we lost power. Number 1 on our list: Doritos and Diet Pepsi... I'm so not joking! haha :) We had candles and other important items ready to go but really... as long as I have Diet Pepsi, I'm good to go!

Well we waited and waited for Irene to hit us on Saturday. It was gloomy most of the day but by night time that lady still wasn't here soooo... B and I met up with a couple of friends a few blocks away and had a hurricane party. Why stay cooped up?!?! Mom... I'm sorry... we just had to get out!! We were fine ;)

By the time we headed back to the apartment it was raining... and it was raining hard! 5:00 am Sunday morning B and I woke up to LOTS of rain and LOTS of wind. But that's all we got. We were very, very, very, blessed to have kept our power and not have any major damages in the city. Some tree branches and some neighborhoods were w/o power but things were fixed quickly. Oh Irene... you thought you could get us!

Well... here's what we woke up to this morning:

We're assuming that it's just from all the rain and somehow it leaked through from the floor above us. No biggie though... maintenance was called and hopefully they're fixing this minor setback now. That's why today has turned into a day outside of the apartment... and I'm ok with that ;)

Since we were locked up most of the day Sunday, B and I spent time watching lots of DVD's and I found myself on Pinterest more than I would like to admit!

Here's some fun things that I found:

What a fun idea this is for a centerpiece. Smart and practical. Use what you have!

I wish I could pull off this outfit... love the touch of country!

Flowers always bring a smile to my face and brighten up a room!

Why didn't I think of this?!?! The bottom of the glass is dipped in chalkboard and then names painted on... LOVE!

This is just so, so, so true! Best way to live!


Have a great Monday y'all and for those of you who had a run-in with Irene... I hope and pray you're safe and sound :)

xoxo

1 comment:

  1. Oh Goodness. I hope they can fix that damage soon!

    I am finally getting the hang of Pinterest made my first pins tonight now officially addicted!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my blog! I love to hear from my readers so please comment and I'll get back with you soon! xoxo