Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Choose Nice!



We have all been in situations that have tested our patience or we have had to deal with people that make us want to pull our hair out, scream, curl up in a dark hole and never come back out. I know I'm not alone here ;)

Without going into detail, I just want to share how proud I am of my hubby. He has a heart of gold and has such an amazing, spiritual, and Godly outlook towards life. He is a "glass half full" kind of guy and when life hands us lemons I go to my hubby to make the lemonade because sometimes I just can't.

He was put in a situation, a few days ago, where he was being questioned, accused, and talked about by someone who barely knows him. If this had just been about him, I know he would have let it go but his family was being brought into this and my name had been thrown out there as well. Did I mention that I have never met this person and that B hadn't spoken to this person in years?!?! Oh... well... that's the case. When B, very calmly, shared with me what was going on, I was ready to flip! You know... asking all the "Who is this person?", "Who do they think they are?", "What do they even know about you and our life?", blah blah blah... it takes me a moment to think clearly when it comes to things to like this ;) haha

But B was calm. He handled this situation with such grace and I was completely blown away. I learn something new from him everyday and I'm so grateful that God brought us together because I truly believe B has helped teach me the way to "choose nice". He has helped me to look at things rationally and not from a place of anger ( I mean... after a few minutes of venting of course)!

I am just so proud of who he is and how he has chosen to live his life. He goes out there and stands up for his beliefs, for me, his family, and for himself. He is such an honorable guy and this was a great situation for us to go through together. We had the decision to be mad and angry and to choose harsh words towards this person but instead B helped guide us to a kinder, more gentle place of "nice-ness" so we could reach out and help resolve the issue.

Okay... that's my vent!

It's like the old saying goes... "If you can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all".

Something we all, including myself, should follow!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by my blog! I love to hear from my readers so please comment and I'll get back with you soon! xoxo