Monday, January 9, 2012

Being A Biblical Wife in a Modern World

Happy Wife, Happy Life

Finally, brothers and sisters, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable-if anything is excellent or praiseworthy- think about such things.
~ Philippians 4:8 ~

There are so many struggles and battles that we are all facing each and every day. The daily stresses that we go through with our families can be stressful, trying, frustrating, and just plain exhausting. Whether we're dealing with health issues, finances, family matters, work problems, etc,.., these things can begin to take a toll on our marriages and family life. As wives, it can be difficult to stay strong and supportive during times like this but I truly believe in the power of prayer and staying positive.

This can be a difficult thing to do. It's hard to see things in a positive light when stressful circumstances seem to consume you but that's half the battle. Yes, there are bumps in the road that happen to all of us. The loss of a job, the loss of money, the loss of a loved one.. these are all things that can consume us and lead us towards feelings of bitterness, resentment, or anger. But there is something that we have that we will never lose. Something bigger than anything we can fathom. God's love! When the hubs and I are facing a difficult time, I always pray for Him to remind me how blessed we are in other ways. I pray for Him to show us what lesson He is teaching us. I pray for Him to continue to protect us and guide us. I try so hard to put my entire trust in God and pass my burden of worries over to Him.

What an amazing thing it is to be able to go to God and just lay it all out there. He takes that burden and lifts it from us and our families. One thing I have learned as a wife is to not take out my worries and stresses on my hubby and in return he does the same. Stressing each other out and getting one another worked up over a situation does nothing but cause more stress and it allows a crack in the marriage foundation to begin breaking. We have made it a point to pray together when we face a big decision and we always try to keep our lives in perspective.

Next time you and your hubby are facing a tough choice or going through difficult circumstances, take on your wifely duty and stay positive! Think of those things that are pure and noble and remember to be a woman of God. It's natural to go through up's and down's in life. When the hubs gets frustrated about something, I always to keep things in perspective. I remind of him of the roof over our heads, the food in our fridge, and the good health that we have. I knew I was rubbing off when my hubby looked over at me earlier today and said, "We have been truly blessed". I just smiled :)

Life can be hard and at times all we want to do is just hide away and not deal with it but in the scheme of things we have to look at the big picture and put our entire trust in the Lord and trust His guidance. He would not give us anything that we could not handle and He would not do anything that would harm us. It's easier to say these things than to constantly practice them but ladies, let's keep those thoughts positive and be a positive influence for our sweet, sweet, hubbies! Happy wife, happy life!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by my blog! I love to hear from my readers so please comment and I'll get back with you soon! xoxo