Monday, June 11, 2012

Being A Biblical Wife in A Modern World

Ever Changing

"Jesus Christ is the same yesterday and today and forever."
~Hebrews 13:8~

We are constantly in a state of change. Whether it is personally, within our marriages, our family relationships, our finances, our jobs... something in our lives are always changing. My sweet hubby and I are a few weeks out from making another big change in our lives. We're relocating... again! This upcoming move is a rush of emotions for me. I'm so excited, a little anxious, a bit nervous, and yes, a tad scared. Right when I feel like I'm getting settled where we're at, we have to pick up and start all over again. Will we like our new jobs? What will our neighbors be like? Will we make new friends? How soon will we find a church "home"? The questions are endless but one thing is set in stone and that is Jesus Christ. He is the one thing in our lives that is certain and sure. He is the same "yesterday and today and forever." He is in charge and leading us down this new path towards our new life.

Though our lives are ever changing, His love for us remains the same. He is not changing! Our God is strong. He is solid. He is our Rock. One of the meanings of the word "rock" is reliable. Isn't that just what our Almighty God is? Reliable? When we need Him most for our praises and prayers, He is there. No matter what are we going through, He is there.

God is our source of strength through all the changes that life throws our way. Ultimately I know that God is watching over us and that this move is all part of His plan. Whether I feel ready or not, I know that I can pass my feelings and emotions over to Him and He will carry this burden of mine. He is our security and safe haven during times of change and as we go about this earthly life and go through our many changes, we can rest assured that one thing will always be solid. And that is our Rock, our Savior, our God.

Other Key Verses:
"The name of the Lord is a strong tower; the righteous run to it and are safe."
~Proverbs 18:10~

"The Lord is my rock, my fortress, and my deliverer; my God is my rock, in whom I take refuge. He is my shield and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold."
~Psalm 18:2~

Biblical Wife Challenge:
What changes are you going through at this time in your life?

Take a few moments alone and write a prayer asking for God's guidance and comfort during this time. Release your worries to Him and feel the weight being released from your shoulders. He is so faithful and reliable.

1 comment:

  1. Good luck with your move! You are right, God is a constant and he is with us no matter where we go.
    -Morgan

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my blog! I love to hear from my readers so please comment and I'll get back with you soon! xoxo