Saturday, September 17, 2011

Sometimes, Change is Good


This past week has been a whirlwind. B and I are really starting to get excited about what lies ahead for us. We knew that we were coming to Connecticut for B's one year fellowship and everything after would take shape with God's timing.

Well... things are starting to take shape! It's an interesting time full of excitement, joy, wonder, and anxiety. I'm a planner. I'm the type of person that has a huge calendar that is color coded with mine and my hubby's schedules and appointments, due dates for bills, and important celebrations. I have a weekly planner that is just as colorful as well as a daily "to do" that is always clipped inside. Obsessed much?!?! Yes.. yes, I am. I like the sense of accomplishment that I get when I mark something off my list. Sometimes I'll do a chore that wasn't on the list and I'll add it anyways and then put a check mark next to it! Sad but true and I know I can't be the only strange person that does this ;)

Anyways... B is starting to get interviews lined up and job offers are in the beginning stages. I'm so proud of my husband and all of his hard work. He is so dedicated and I have not met someone who is so passionate about his job. He truly wants to help others and make a difference. Any hospital or practice would be so blessed to have him.

Throughout this process of talking about places we would like to live, we have discussed our "5 year plan". I always laugh when I say this because let's get real, we can make a plan but we have no idea where life is going to lead us or what God has in store for us. Two years ago, I never would have thought that we would be in Connecticut and that B would be studying and working with some of the best physicians in the country. It's amazing how God works and I'm glad that He is in charge because who knows where we would be if it was left up to me and B! We know that we'd like the next move to be a semi-permanent. We'd like to settle down in the next 5 years. We'd like to start talking about starting a family in 5 years. We want to travel. During the next 5 years, we'd like to buy a house. We want to be debt free. We want to build our savings. There's a lot we want to accomplish.

It's overwhelming how quickly time flies by and how quickly the next 5 years will speed by us. It has made me think back and reflect on the last 5 years of my life. So much has changed. At this time, 5 years ago, I was 21. That seems so long ago but yet not that long at all. Does that even make sense?!?! I've lost friends and made new ones. I've dated and been single. I've had different jobs. My family has been through up's and down's. I've lost my favorite grandmother. I've met Brian. I've gotten married. I've had disappointments and I've repaired broken relationships. I taught others and others have taught me.

Point is... my life has changed. I've changed. The only thing that has been a constant in my life is God. I have not always made the best choices. I've made mistakes. Who am I kidding??? I make mistakes everyday. I am guilty of gossiping or getting too caught up in material things or spending too much time making my own plans instead of following to what God has planned for me. But I've changed. In the last 5 years I have grown more confident as a Christian and more confident as a young woman. I have changed from a college girl to a married woman with new priorities and new goals. I handle situations differently today than I did a few years ago. I have changed and I'm still changing.

B and I are constantly changing within our marriage. We have a stronger bond and friendship now than we did when we were married 2 1/2 years ago. We have a more Christ centered relationship than we did the day we were married. And this is all good. To me, that is what marriage is. Growing and learning. We certainly have our differences. I can be uptight and stubborn and sometimes he doesn't listen but at the end of that day we're best friends and we're in this together.

I've learned over the past 5 years to go with the flow and to trust God. He knows what's best. I'm constantly trying to learn more and work on being a better wife, daughter, sister, friend, and person.

I've changed. I've embraced it. I feel so overwhelmed with this beautiful life that the Lord has blessed us with. And I'm so looking forward to the changes that the Lord has in store for me and B.

Sometimes, change is good :)




1 comment:

Thanks for stopping by my blog! I love to hear from my readers so please comment and I'll get back with you soon! xoxo