Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Stress! Stress! Stress!

The past 24 hours have been SO SO SO busy!

I had a WONDERFUL birthday and want to give a quick shout out to all my sweet family and friends for making the day so fabulous... thank you thank you thank you :)

Today has been full of pure craziness...

Most of you all know, we are just a short time away from our big move for B's fellowship. We went and visited our new city way back in October and were so happy to have found a place to call home for a year. It seemed absolutely perfect... great space, great location, good price. We came back to KY feeling relieved and stress free when it came to our housing. Well... the past two months have been a lil' confusing when it came to our new home... originally we were told that our condo was available and then it wasn't, and then we had three other floor plans to choose from, then our original place was available, then it wasn't, then we had to make another floor plan decision in a day... you get the picture. Management was never rude. They just seemed so disorganized. During this entire ordeal, B and I just kept praying and praying and praying that everything would work out. We knew that we would have a place to live; somehow, someway! But... we have been so stressed over this. What we thought was taken care of in October has turned into a big ordeal.

Needless to say, we decided not to go with our original place. And thank goodness... after speaking with current, local residents and reading several recent reviews, we feel confident in this decision. However, as of yesterday we had no home! And 8 weeks until we moved!

God works in great ways and we are beyond thankful for what has opened up for us. Our favorite place, that we saw in October was a lil' above our budget but now... they have a special for when we are moving and it put the price right where we needed it! And... many fees are waived because of where B will be employed... bonus!

Now... it's just filling out some paperwork and getting our initial costs together. So thankful to have this figured out... I was literally having a bit of a breakdown over all of this. B just kept feeding me birthday cake to keep me quiet... haha ;)

I am beyond grateful for this opportunity for B... I am so proud of him and I know the Lord has placed us in CT for a reason and we are really looking forward to our time there but packing and moving is stressful. On top of both of us working and B studying for his boards, it has just been a stressful time.

Time is going by so quickly and there is SO much to do!

At least we will have a roof over our heads when we move... I couldn't say that yesterday!





So thankful for the following verses for keeping things in perspective:

It is the Lord who goes before you. He will be with you; he will not fail you or forsake you. Do not fear or be dismayed.
~ Deuteronomy 31:8 ~

When the righteous cry for help, the Lord hears, and rescues them from all their troubles.
~ Psalm 34:17 ~

Trust in the Lord and do good; so you will live in the land, and enjoy security. Take delight in the Lord and he will give you the desires of your heart. Commit your way to the Lord; trust in him, and he will act. Be still before the Lord, and wait patiently for him.
~ Psalm 37:3-5,7a ~

My soul finds rest in God alone; my salvation comes from him. He alone is my rock and my salvation; he is my fortress, I will never be shaken.
~ Psalm 62:1-2 ~

Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make your paths straight.
~ Proverbs 3:5-6 ~


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by my blog! I love to hear from my readers so please comment and I'll get back with you soon! xoxo