Friday, April 8, 2011

Awesome Vacay!

The hubs and I had an AWESOME time on our anniversary trip!

We loved the city of Charlotte and everything it had to offer. Great weather, yummy food, incredible shopping, and a wonderful way to celebrate two years of marriage.

We left early Saturday morning...

I love my hubby!


Clearly I was getting a lil' bored on the drive!


The drive actually wasn't too bad...a stop at Chick Fil A for breakfast and 6 hours later we were all checked in and ready to hit the town. I got my UK gear on, so I could cheer on my CATS (I was pretty upset when they lost by 1 point!!...we'll get 'em next year). We grabbed a great dinner at Mac's Speedshop BBQ. It was quite delish! Afterwards we headed to Thomas Street Tavern to grab a couple drinks and watch the game. Fun Fun Fun night!


Sunday morning we started our day by driving around a bit and checked out some of the neighborhoods..I'm in love with Dilworth! So beautiful. We stumbled upon Freedom Park and decided to take a lil' stroll. It was gorgeous outside.




We then headed to SouthPark Mall....ummmm hello?!?! This place is amazing!

After a long day of shopping we grabbed a late dinner at Big Daddy's Burger Bar. I have no idea what they put in their burger but B and I cleaned our plates...and quickly! It was so so so yummy.


On our anniversary , we went and cycled the Little Sugar Creek Greenway. It travels all the way to Uptown. Beautiful scenery along the way.


After grabbing lunch at The Roasting Company we headed to take a lil' walk through the botanical gardens. It was so nice outside...we were blessed to have such great weather while we were there!





For our anniversary dinner we headed Uptown and tried out Frankie's 710. Another great meal :)

B decided he really wanted to check out the Discovery Place, on Tuesday. So we headed that direction and I'm so glad we went. It is aimed at kids but it is such a neat place! So many cool exhibits and hands on experiments.





After our morning of learning we just walked around downtown and soaked in the sun and beautiful view.




Our last dinner was at Rooster's...if anyone is visiting Charlotte you MUST go grab a bite here! It is wonderful! Probably our best meal.

Thanks so much to my blog buddy, Growing Up Blonde, for all of her great recs.

B and I had a blast on our lil' getaway but I must say...it's great being home and being back with our pups!

We're already planning our anniversary trip for next year...another day, another post ;)

Happy Friday ladies!

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad ya'll had a great time and enjoyed Charlotte! It was the perfect weekend for you to be here :) I'm excited ya'll found the roasting company...it is one of my fav hole in the wall places!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my blog! I love to hear from my readers so please comment and I'll get back with you soon! xoxo