Monday, February 13, 2012

Being A Biblical Wife in a Modern World

L-O-V-E

"Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres".

~ 1 Corinthians 13: 4-7 ~

Though it is often clouded by flower deliveries, candies, and Hallmark cards, Valentine's Day is a wonderful and sweet day to celebrate the one you love. It is fun to go and get a little gift for your hubby or beau but when we dig a little deeper we realize that Valentine's Day is more than just chocolate covered strawberries... it's a day to really celebrate love.

Our verse for the day is one that is known to many but applied by few. This verse was read at our wedding because we truly believe in these words and in the message that God is teaching us. This beautiful description of what love looks like is an amazing example of what God's love looks like. He is patient, He is kind, He is slow to anger, He is the Truth, He protects us, He is our Hope. What a remarkable model we have to look for what love truly looks like.

To love someone is hard. To put your trust in someone and to lay your heart and feelings in the hands of another can be challenging but within a marriage it is necessary and, ultimately, a truly amazing experience. When I first met my hubby I knew he was like no other... he was sincere, honest, and passionate about his faith and he was the upmost southern gentleman, which totally scored him major points but there was something else and the more I got to know him, the more I realized what a Godly man he really is. Now... my hubby is not perfect by any means but he has to be the most patient, the most forgiving, and the most selfless person that I've ever met and each day he is my "earthly" reminder of what love is and what love looks like.

My relationship with God is clearly on a whole other overwhelming level but I am so thankful and so fortunate to have my hubby show me what love is each and every day. We are blessed to know His Word and to have such an incredible guide to model our marriage after and though it is not always sunshine and roses, it is ours and it is our love.

So go celebrate a lovely Valentine's Day with that handsome man of yours but remember that every day should be a special day and every day is a new day to celebrate the love you share.

1 comment:

  1. I love hearing about couples who put God at the center of their relationship. It's so important to make Christ your cornerstone, especially in a marriage! I hope you had a wonderful Valentines Day with your love :)

    Rachel

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my blog! I love to hear from my readers so please comment and I'll get back with you soon! xoxo