Thursday, February 10, 2011

FINALLY!!

I am totally taking this opportunity to brag about my wonderful, beautiful and talented LHS girls ;)

Last week we traveled to Orlando, FL to compete at UDA's National Dance Team Competition. We received a bid to compete in July of last year and we have been working hard ever since. After months of practicing and preparing it was finally time to go down and leave it all on the dance floor...and ladies....these girls threw it down!

We flew down last Wednesday night and enjoyed two days of practices, orientation, meetings and some fun times at the parks. Those two days flew by and Saturday arrived before we knew it. It was a long day full of prelims, semi-finals and a lot of nerves. There are hundreds of teams that participate in this competition and they are all SO talented and VERY strong competitors...it's amazing how talented these teams and coaches are. The girls did their jazz dance first and it was beautiful :) Apparently the judges thought so as well since they sent my girls on to FINALS!!!!! We beat out several teams for that coveted finals spot and I was over the top proud!

***Side Note: Lafayette Dance Team has NEVER advanced to FINALS! My girls and I were the first...EVER! Ummmm....cool?!?! Yes....I think so!***

After celebrating (and people thinking we had lost our minds because we were screaming so much) they went on to compete in hip hop. We did not move on with our hip hop dance but I was happy because it was the best I had ever seen them dance that routine and you could tell they were having fun. Cara...thank you SO much for putting together such an awesome routine for these girls!

Sunday was the day! FINALS! The girls and I were able to sleep in a bit and then we had a quick practice. After getting ready we headed over and it was time to compete. And let me tell you....these girls were awesome. They danced even better than the day before and I was in tears the second their music started playing. It was such an overwhelming feeling and so many emotions were running through me. I was nervous, anxious, excited, proud, happy...etc,...you get the picture. It was such an amazing opportunity to be a part of history and to help push these girls to their fullest potential. By far...one of the most rewarding experiences and I am so thankful that Lafayette believed in me to get the job done.

We are now a nationally ranked team (18th in the nation!) and these girls worked for it! They put in countless hours and so much energy into working for this goal...and they got it! I could not be prouder.

I'm beyond grateful to have worked with these young ladies and am so blessed to have them as a part of my life.

Here's some pics from our amazing trip:

The girls and I after being ranked 18th!

Getting ready for finals

After being announced as finalists! Such an amazing moment

Celebrating!

Enjoying time with some of the girls :)

My LHS dance girlies have certainly added a Dash of Sparkle into my life!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by my blog! I love to hear from my readers so please comment and I'll get back with you soon! xoxo