Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Weekend Update ( A Day Late... Oops!)

I totally meant to blog yesterday but it just ended up being a crazy busy day so... here's my weekend update... on Tuesday... oops!

Friday was a looooong day but a beautiful day. We have seriously had so much rain over the past few weeks and it is driving this gal a little crazy... I've been missing the sunshine! Anyways, it was gorgeous so a gal pal and I went out on a 5 mile walk (so fit!), I ran a few errands, and then it was time for a little mani/pedi. All this happened after a 3:30 am alarm to take a friend to the airport. My hubby was so sweet and did the driving to and from... he is on call this week so that was a huge sacrifice for him and one that I greatly appreciate :) He is the best!

{Houston We Have A Purple OPI} 

Saturday morning was another early morning. Well not quite as early as the previous day ;) But we were headed into the city for brunch with my SIL and her friend. She was in town visiting a friend from college so B and I hopped on the train to join them for a yummy meal at "Pastis" and then a lovely afternoon around NYC. It was super gorgeous that day! 

{Brunch at "Pastis"... SIL, moi, B} 

{Me and the Hubby in Central Park} 

{Me and the Hubby... I seriously love that man!} 

Sunday was definitely a day of rest. I know B was exhausted from his work week and two early mornings and he had another long week ahead. Have I mentioned that I am super thankful for what he does?!?! We missed church this past Sunday but it was so nice to catch up on some sleep, have a lazy morning filled with coffee and homemade waffles, an afternoon of reading, cleaning, and catching some rays by the pool. It was so nice to just stay at home :)

And though Mondays are not considered the weekend, I am a day late so I'm including it anyway ;) I picked my friend up back from the airport and drove back into town, we grabbed a quick bite, and quickly got ready to catch the train back into NYC. Why the rush?!?! We had a show to go to! We went to The American Ballet Theatre's Opening Gala and it was AMAZING! It was held at The Met and everything was just stunning... the theatre, the people in attendance, the dancers, and all the pieces. I was so happy my friend Shawn invited me to go! After a hot dog from a street vendor and a slice of cake from Junior's, we were home and completely wiped out. I'm surprised I'm even functioning today because I'm so tired, haha. 

{At the The Met}

{Me and Shawn at ABT's Opening Gala... so fun!} 

I hope y'all had a fantastic weekend!
xoxo

1 comment:

  1. great photos. Obsessed with your dress in the photo with you and hubby. too cute. Fabulous post, love. When you get a sec, I'd love to hear your thoughts on my latest outfit post for LaurenConrad.com. xo

    www.fashboulevard.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my blog! I love to hear from my readers so please comment and I'll get back with you soon! xoxo